This is a personal information collection statement under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486)
Watch The World (“the Channel”) is concerned to ensure that any personal information submitted to the Channel are handled in strict adherence to the relevant provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486).
Information the Channel collects
- The Channel may collect various types of personal information (such as email address, name and contact number) from you in connection with the provision of services and activities, including but not limited to event applications, following up on enquiries, payments and conducting surveys or other purposes as stated below.
- The Channel may combine information you provide to us through various channels, such as online channels like websites or offline channels like physical applications.
- Individuals who are aged under 18 must have parental consent before providing any personal information to the Channel.
- We will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent.
Purposes of collecting and keeping personal information
The Channel collects, uses and keeps personal information for the following purposes:
- Processing and fulfilling your request for services
- Delivery of information that you requested
- Responding to and following up on your enquiries
- Conducting statistical analysis, research and surveys
- Improvement of our services
- Other purposes directly relating to any of the above
This website uses the Google Forms feature provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), and all personal information is temporarily transferred to Google’s servers and then transferred to servers owned by the Channel. We will periodically erase personal data recorded on Google. The forms provided on this website and in Google Forms are connected using SSL encryption, and all information submitted through the website is protected by encryption.
Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap.486), individuals have the right to req